The Children’s Wood seeks funding to install a mains water connection for our community garden. We currently collect water in butts, but this is insufficient to achieve consistent and regular watering of our raised bed and orchard – especially in dry periods. Crops and fruit trees are not achieving their full potential.

The Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow is an award-winning urban wild space in North West Glasgow. This space is vitally important to the community.

A water connection would allow us to greatly improve our volunteer gardening sessions, schools programme and community events.

Running water will help us run our activities more efficiently and will help us to support, maintain and boost biodiversity and conserve nature on the land. It will also be a great help when running our community events.

We encourage people to connect with others and their food in an urban greenspace. We provide learning on growing food from seed to harvest. Running water will allow us to water the garden much more quickly and free up time to focus on other jobs and learning in the community garden.

So please donate to help us get running water to our community garden!

TEXT Donation

You can support the Water for The Children’s Wood by text!! 

To make a donation, text Text WOODWATER to 70580 to donate £5. This costs £5 plus a standard rate message. Alternatively, you can opt to give any whole amount up to £20, for example Text WOODWATER20 to donate £20. Thanks!

Gift Aid Declaration

Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 donated.

Gift Aid is reclaimed by MyParkScotland from the tax you pay for the current year. Your address is needed to identify you as a UK taxpayer.

The additional funds generated through Gift Aid donations are invested in the park endowment fund which supports the long term management of our wonderful parks.

Please notify MyParkScotland if you:

- want to cancel this declaration
- change your name or home address
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code