We are pleased to announce the launch of the beta test MyParkScotland website.
This beta site contains information on a small number of parks from Edinburgh and Glasgow to demonstrate how the site will work. There are also examples of projects looking for funding, all of these projects are for example only at this stage.
Although there is a lot of information on the site some key areas of functionality are still being worked on so at this stage it is not possible to make donations to either projects or parks through the site. We will be working to finalise this functionality early in 2015.
All other areas of the site are working and we encourage those people who have offered to review the site to interact with the following areas:
- Activities and Events – this section will provide a listing for activities and events of all sizes in the parks listed on the site.
- Park Ideas – if you have an idea of an improvement that can be made to your park this can be submitted through the site.
- Park Stories – parks mean different things to different people and we would love to hear peoples stories and memories from the parks they have visited.
For each of these sections we would encourage people to browse the test information on the site. From January we will be looking to further populate these areas so please consider any content you would like to include in these areas.
We are still developing the payment/donation side of the site and are not currently able to process payments but we have created some sample MyPark Projects to show how these will look on the site. Please note that these are sample projects and not actual requests for funding.
We would really like those viewing the site to consider the following important areas:
- Look of the site and the graphics we have used for the site design
- Content on the site This is currently in development and we are keen to hear thoughts on the content currently on the site and areas that are not yet present
- Other comments. Any general comments on the development site in its current form.
To help us pull this together, please fill out the form below to let us know your thoughts.