Historic greenspace in Ceres, home of the oldest Highland Games in the world. They always held on the last Saturday of the month of June, every year (except for war) since the charter to hold the Games was given to the people of the village by Robert Bruce in 1314 in recognition of their support at the battle of Bannockburn.
The battle was fought in order to preserve the right of the Scots to determine how they would be ruled.Attractive greenspace area within central Ceres comprising of 2 parts divided by a small stream. SW of the stream is an area of mown grass, predominantly flat apart from a small NE tree lined, facing slope which forms the SW boundary.
Daffodils line this boundary growing along the slope. On the opposite side of the burn there is a small rectangular area containing play equipment. A small bridge crosses the stream allowing users easy access to both sides of the greenspace.
- Play area
- Water - Pond / Loch / Burn / River
- Wheelchair access
St Andrew's Rd, Ceres, Fife KY15 5QH