Carmyle New Park forms part of the Clyde Walkway starting at Carmyle Viaduct set within the park. The walkway passes through a mixture of rural and urban areas marking the transition from town to country. The historic Viaduct built in 1897 ceased operation in the late 1960’s during the period of rail closures. The Walkway follows the southern bank of the river along the Glasgow to Edinbugh National Cycle Route NCR No.75. A popular pastime for volunteers working in the park is to coppice Hazel from select few areas.Coppicing the Hazel periodically helps to encourage more growth in the area. Today the park provides a peaceful haven for wildlife, walkers and cyclists. The park also features red blaes football pitches.
- Cycle path (inc mountain bike trails)
- Football pitches
- Wildlife viewing
Kenmuir Road, Glasgow G32 8BW