Cathkin Park is a municipal park located in the southside of Glasgow.
The park is a public place where football is still played at present. The park formerly contained a football stadium, which had played host to organised football since 1884. It was originally known as Hampden Park and was owned by Queen’s Park.
When Queen’s Park moved to the third and current Hampden Park, they sold the ground to Third Lanark. After Third Lanark folded in 1967, the stadium fell into disrepair and most of the fabric was gradually removed. The remains of the terracing, barriers and parts of the perimeter wall can still be seen today. The park is famously known to have staged a number of Scottish Cup Finals and even Scotland played England there in 1894.
- Car park
- Football pitches
- Historical features
- Wheelchair access
Cathcart Road, Glasgow G42 8BB