Cathedral Square precinct opened in 1879, formed by John Carrick and landscaped by Duncan McMillan. Today features of the area include:
- The William II of Scotland (1650 – 1702) equestrian statue, presented to the city in 1735 by James Macrae (1677-1744) of Orangefield in Ayrshire. It was formerly erected in front of the Tontine Hotel in Trongate.
- The Norman MacLeod sculpture, commemorating the Dean of the Chapel Royal, and a friend to Queen Victoria, preaching to her and her husband Prince Albert when they visited Scotland for the second time in 1844.
- The Peace Mosaic, with many features still visible, including the phrase “Let Peace Flourish”. The childlike faces found within the tiles were created by artistic members of Project Ability, a visual arts organisation who help those with disabilities and mental health issues express themselves through art.
A new feature to the gardens is the Infant & Baby Memorials, officially unveiled in June 2019.
- Historical features
- Wheelchair access
Cathedral Square, Castle Street, Glasgow, Glasgow G4 0UZ