Gift Idea 1: £2+Gift Aid
Gift Idea 2: £2
Gift Idea 3: £5+Gift Aid
Gift Idea 4: £5
Gift Idea 5: £10+Gift Aid
Gift Idea 6: £10
Gift Idea 7: £25+Gift Aid
Gift Idea 8: £25
Glasgow National Park City Group aims to improve people’s quality of life and the environment through the creation of Glasgow National Park City. This initial crowdfund will help develop a web presence, support events and produce materials to kick-start the campaign.
Glasgow National Park City Group will
- coordinate and promote action to establish a Glasgow National Park City (NPC);
- connect, amplify and support the work of any individuals and groups who help to achieve this aim; and
- work with other organisations to secure their long-term commitment to establishing a Glasgow NPC.
We hope that the people of Glasgow will get behind the campaign to promote the creation of Glasgow NPC. Your support will help bring people and groups together to share information and ideas, develop new projects and show what a National Park City can offer to Glasgow’s people and places.
What is a National Park City?
Although there are no National Park Cities in the world (yet!), active campaigns are already underway in cities around the world. Put simply National Park Cities are places that apply the benefits of traditional National Parks to cities in order to;
- Encourage people to enjoy, understand and care for their city
- Protect and enhance our urban natural and cultural heritage
- Improve the wellbeing of our communities
- Inspire individuals, groups and organisations to work together towards these aims.
Glasgow NPC will:
- Improve quality of life for the people of Glasgow
- Protect and improve the environment
- Make our city environmentally and culturally richer, a place where people are more connected to nature and to each other, and are healthier and happier as a result
- Bring broader benefits to Glasgow and Scotland by enhancing its appeal to residents, visitors and businesses.
Glasgow faces ongoing challenges linked to health inequality. But there is huge potential to address this by bringing together people and places. By kick-starting the campaign for a Glasgow NPC your support will help to;
- Build a strong online presence to act as the hub for the campaign
- Organise events that take our message to different communities
- Promote the work of grassroots organisations and create connections between them
- Work with partners to encourage and develop National Park City demonstration projects.
If you are interested in any of the above please contact Glasgow National Park City Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
By donating to the Glasgow National Park City project you agree for MyParkScotland to pass your contact email to Glasgow National Park City to contact you about the project. If you do not want to be contacted please use the Contact Form to let us know
We’ve listed some suggested donations but if the exact amount you wish to donate is not listed on this page then please visit the Donate to a park page, choose Park Fund and then type a message starting with "Glasgow National Park City" in the Why did you want to support this park/city fund? field. You can also Gift Aid donations through the Donate to a park form.
You can now donate to the Glasgow National Park City project by TEXT. Just text the project code (GNPC75) plus an amount to 70070 – for example:"GNPC75 £5' to donate £5.
You can donate £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10. If you wish to Gift Aid your donation please REPLY to the Gift Aid text.
Gift Aid Declaration
Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 donated.
Gift Aid is reclaimed by MyParkScotland from the tax you pay for the current year. Your address is needed to identify you as a UK taxpayer.
By choosing a donation level that includes Gift Aid you confirm that I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations it is my responsibility to pay any difference.
The additional funds generated through Gift Aid donations are invested in the park endowment fund which supports the long term management of our wonderful parks.
Please notify MyParkScotland if you:
- want to cancel this declaration
- change your name or home address
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code
MyParkScotland provides a safe and easy way to make a donation to support this great project.
To make a donation, click on ‘Support Now’ and select your choice of Gift Level. If you are a UK tax payer, selecting a Level which includes Gift Aid means that we can top up your donation at no extra cost to you. Adding Gift Aid typically means that your online donation of, for example, £10 becomes a park investment of £11.53 (after paying platform and management fees). You need to provide your address to enable us to claim Gift Aid.
Gift Aid is a Government scheme which allows charities to increase the value of donations made to them. Gift Aid makes a huge difference to small charities and local organisations, but if they aren’t registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator and HMRC, they can’t claim Gift Aid (and many that could claim Gift Aid don’t because they find the process too complicated). At MyParkScotland, we take care of the claim process on eligible donations, so that the Friends and community groups can concentrate on the great work they do in our parks.
We use PayPal to manage online donations and they charge a small platform fee for handling donations. We work hard to keep our fees as low as possible to make sure that as much of each donation as possible is invested in our parks. For donations without Gift Aid, at least 92% of your donation is invested in parks. MyParkScotland is a not-for-profit registered Scottish charity (No. SC045424) and any fees taken go towards covering essential operating costs.
You can find out more information about Gift Aid and MyParkScotland fees in the main Small Print section.